- Concern or anxiety
- Anticipation of the possibility that something unpleasant will occur.
- A distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain etc..whether the threat is real or imagined
Fear is a way of holding you back from doing what you are called to do. It can cripple you from doing a particular act. Whether it is starting a business, blog, joining that organization, signing the deal, letting go of that friendship/relationship, it prevents an individual from taking that leap.
Tips to overcome, goal orientated fears.
- Analyze why you are afraid and challenge that thought. For example, you may be afraid to fail. Confront that fear, if you fail, you can always try again. It is better to fail and learn a lesson than to forever wonder, “If”.
- Research that particular journey that you want to embark on and gain the information on it. Knowledge is power!
- Make a list of steps you need to take to achieve the goal. Set a date on when you want to accomplish each step and go after it. Stay committed to your achievements. Small steps lead to bigger ones and before you know it, you goal will be completed.
- “God does not give the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind” 2 Timothy 1:7. The enemy does not want you to walk in your purpose so try to fight those negative thoughts that bring fear into your life.
- Surround yourself around individuals that help push you towards your goals and not away from it. Find that tribe that encourages and supports you.
Tips to help physical symptoms of fear
- Identify- Recognize the trigger that is causing the fear. Try to move away from the stimulus and get to a safe area away from it. If you are having fear provoking thoughts try to think on something pleasant to lessen the anxiety.
- Breath- Breath in for 10 second and out for 10 seconds until you feel your heart rate calm.
- Face your fear- If you always avoid situations that cause fear you may prevent yourself from experiencing something enjoyable. Try facing that fear to help you overcome.
- Therapy- If your fear affects your daily routine, try seeking a therapist to help manage your fear and anxiety.
- Religious- Your faith can help you find a way to overcome your fear.
Remember we are in this journey together,